Reserve Now & Pay Later
Private Early Bird Vatican and St Peter's Basilica Tour: Hotel Pick-up Drop-off
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (142)
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Vatican Museums contain one of the world’s most important art collections, and draw crowds to match. On this private tour, you have special access before the venue opens to the public. Linger in the Sistine Chapel, view Renaissance masterpieces, and discover the Vatican’s history. Enjoy priority entry to St. Peter’s Basilica without having to wait in line. Upgrade for even earlier admission including access to the Raphael Rooms.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Vatican MuseumsStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Cortile della PignaPass by Stanze di Raffaello
- 2St. Peter's BasilicaStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by La Pieta
- 3Sistine ChapelStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4St. Peter's SquareStop: 15 minutes -See details
- Beat the crowds and see the Vatican Museums before they open to the public
- Hotel pickup and drop-off mean you won’t have to navigate on your own
- Learn all about the Vatican’s artworks and history from your private guide
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica next door
What to Expect
This private tour begins when your guide picks you up directly from your local accommodation. Head to the Vatican Museums, where you have the rare opportunity to enter before the landmark is open to the general public. If you wish, upgrade from standard early-morning admission to a “prime tour” option and be treated like a VIP. Arrive earlier to enjoy priority entry without any lines, and gain access to the Raphael Rooms to admire Raphael's most famous frescoes. Take your time, learning about the many masterpieces on display, as well as the Vatican’s history, from your guide. See the Sistine Chapel in all its splendor without navigating the crowds, and view other artworks by Raphael, Caravaggio, and Da Vinci. You also visit the Belvedere Courtyard, Gallery of Tapestries, and Gallery of Maps. Next, enjoy skip-the-line privileges when you head directly from the galleries to St. Peter’s Basilica next door, without having to go through the main entrance. Your guide points out highlights within this landmark—the largest church in the world—and fills you in on its history. The tour ends with drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Meet and greet service at your hotel/accommodation
- Professional Licensed Blue Badge Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off via Uber/Taxi (Centrally located only - within Aurelian Walls)
- Priority Access (before the regular Early Morning Crowd - if Prime Option selected)
- Private walking tour
- Raphael Rooms (if Prime option selected)
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter's Basilica with direct access
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - comfortable shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair partly accessible: the tour is only available if the person in the wheelchair can do 6 flights of stairs without the wheelchair.
- Please advise if anyone in your group has mobility issues
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I've taken 3 private tours with Eyes of Rome on two separate trips (2018, 2019). We thought it was a must-do that when I returned a year later with my Mom, the first thing I booked was two tours with Eyes of Rome; both with Serena. I've read nothing but amazing review of all the…
Date of experience: October 2019
If you go to Rome and want a tour/tour guide, this is the way to do it for sure. Absolutely, without a doubt, 100% worth every cent. I would do it again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend Stefania. She is very knowledgeable, personable and you can tell she is…
Date of experience: June 2019
Stefania Pistone made our first trip to Rome totally delightful. She is truly a Renaissance woman with her breadth and depth of knowledge about Rome. We did the Early Bird Vatican/Sistine Chapel and the Ancient Rome (Colosseum, Forum tour) with her. We quickly knew we had…
Date of experience: September 2019
We did Vatican, colosseum, Roman Forum, and tour around the city with Stefania. She was amazing, so kind, funny, and most of all knowledgeable! She could answer every question down to the small holes in the colosseum! We are thankful for her time and our newfound friendship. You…
We have been waiting for this day for a long time and it was a magical experience. Serena came to our hotel and guided us along this fabulous discovery of the Vatican. It was as expected a great favor to discover the place with a limited number of visitors around us. The must…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Eyes of Rome
Already Planning Next Trip
We were scheduled to visit Italy in April, but sadly everything was cancelled. If you have never been to Italy, sta…
Alessandro Cali was our guide and this was an experience we will remember the rest of our lives! Alessandro’s knowl…
Getting to know you - Trastevere
Our guide was Katie Farrar, whom we have used several times before. This time we had Katie do a private walking tou…
An Incredible Day
It was our fortune to meet Rosalba, our terrific guide, during our Eyes of Rome private tour of the most beautiful …
Best tour of Rome
This was our third time booking a tour with Eyes of Rome and second tour with Katie as our guide. Katie created a f…
Knowledgeable, engaging, and fun tour with Katie
The tour with Eyes of Rome was incredible. Katie, our tour guide gave us dazzling tidbits and anecdotes about the m…
Outstanding tour with Stefania
We toured the Vatican with Stefania, and had an outstanding day. Picked up at our accomodation on time, delivered …
Footsteps of Caravaggio a tour well worth taking
We have used Eyes of Rome and in particular their fabulous guide Katie for the past 8 years whenever we visit Rome.…
Magical day with Stefania
We spent a magical day with Stefania Pistone in Rome, soaking up the love she has for her city and its rich history…
Private Tour with Stefania
The tour through parts of the Vatican with sculptures culminating in the Sistine Chapel was made all the more enjoy…
Amazing tour of Sistine Chapel, Vatican & Colosseum with Stefania!
Stefania was great. We had a small, early morning group on a very hot and steamy day. Stefania was knowledgeable,…
Eyes of Rome & Stefania are amazing
We had the privilege to enjoy two amazing days with Stefania on private city walks & trip to the Colosseum & Vatica…
A Trip to Remember
Our forth trip to Rome became a trip to remember primarily due to our tour guide Stefania Pistone. Our gracious an…
I travel a lot and this was one of the very best tours I have ever had. It was informative, well paced, and allowed…
Stellar experience! Highly recommended!
Stefania Pistone was our guide and I can't say enough about how wonderful, easy-going, and knowledgeable she was! …
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 2,935 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,086 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 11,960 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 119,676 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 219,428 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 16,968 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 9,890 travelers!