Reserve Now & Pay Later
Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (1,678)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Home to some of the world’s most iconic paintings, the Vatican Museums attract huge crowds. Save yourself hours of waiting by booking this skip-the-line tour of the Sistine Chapel, Raphael’s Rooms, and St. Peter’s Basilica (when the option is selected) in Rome. Early morning and evening tour options mean you can explore the complex during far less crowded time slots. Upgrade to a small-group tour limited to 10 people for a more personalized experience.
You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Vatican MuseumsStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Stanze di RaffaelloStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Sistine ChapelStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4St. Peter's BasilicaStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by St. Peter's Square
- 5Vatican CityStop: 10 minutes -See details
You'll end at
St. Peter's Basilica
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
See address & details
- Skip hours-long lines on this Vatican Museums tour in Rome
- Listen to the guide's commentary through a personal headset (when group size is 20 people)
- Opt for an early morning or evening time slot for a less crowded experience
- Upgrade to a small-group tour, limited to 10 people
What to Expect
Depending on the time slot you selected at checkout, your experience begins outside of the Vatican Museums. Access the Vatican through a special entrance with no lines, saving hours of waiting time. Walk first through the Gallery of Maps and the Gallery of Tapestries, hearing your guide's commentary loud and clear through your personal headset. Snap photos in front of the Pigna statue in the Pinecone Courtyard before you continue to Raphael’s Rooms. Spend the next part of the tour gazing upward at the Sistine Chapel, home to Michelangelo’s 'The Creation of Adam' and 'The Last Judgement.' After, say farewell to your guide and continue to St. Peter’s Basilica to enjoy the church independently. Please note that on Wednesdays, due to the weekly Papal Audience, St. Peter’s Basilica may be unavailable. Ensure you select a day other than Wednesday if you’re set on seeing the landmark.
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie, 2a, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (when group size is 20 people)
- Priority Access to the Vatican
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- St. Peter's Basilica is not included until end of September
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring your own mask on the tour. The wearing of mask is compulsory in order to comply with health & Safety regulations. Our guide will be wearing mask during the tour as well.
- At the meeting point there will be social distancing taking place. Our guide will organize the group upon your arrival, but we kindly ask yourself to be conscience in taking social distance at all the time from others.
- Following the new regulations regarding Coronavirus, at the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be able to enter the site.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Guided visits are not allowed inside St. Peter's on afternoon tours due to religious functions. In this case guides provide full commentary from the Basilica's porch, and guests can visit the interior at their own pace without the guide
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This tour moves so quickly, you'll need your running shoes. You see everything in one shot. My suggestion would be to see the Sistine Chapel and Basilica on one day, then go back and see the museums, garden, and St Peter's Square another day.
Date of experience: September 2019
Just wanted to say these folks accepted my caoncellation without question, a very simple process. When travel restrictions are once again lifted in Rome, we will definitely be looking them up again.
Date of experience: April 2020
1 Helpful vote
Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide. We really enjoyed going round the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel.
Date of experience: September 2019
The detail and information provided in this tour was mind blowing and super interesting. I guess it helped that our tour guide Gia had an art history background. Had we just walked around aimlessly by ourselves we would have missed the details and meaning behind so much of the…
Date of experience: March 2020
We took the tour on 29th Feb 2020 just before the country was closed down by the virus and the crowds very quite small so the queue that we "skipped" was not very long. The guide was excellent and very entertaining and informative and while the benefit of skipping queue was of…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: City Wonders
Tours cancelled no refund
We booked four tours with these guys after reading all the reviews and our whole trip was cancelled due to corona v…
Colosseum your was great! Highly recommend!
We did a guided-tour of the Colosseum and the Forum combined. We were nervous because we never do tours. They were …
words & pictures don't do justice to a European vacation our tour guide was awesome, entertaining, informative, an…
Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
Did the City Wonders day trip to Pompeii and stop in Naples while in Rome In January 2020. Anna was a great guide,…
September 2019 I books a private one day tour of Rome. The Agents were exceptional in making sure my reservation wa…
Tuscany in One Day
Loved the trip - food was great at lunch, guides were great, scenery was pretty. Beware the stop at the old town i…
Loved our small group guided tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
There are so many tours to choose from to this monument. I chose this one as it had Underground and Arena Floor ac…
Amazing trip with Renata
Quick entrance to Colosseum, guide with amazing knowledge about Roman history, worth every penny of tour... :)
Pleased with our Guide, wish we hadn't gone to Rome in August !
We had a great time with our tour guide. It was great to have such a small group and the ear pieces that we got to …
We loved this tour! Though you do spend a great deal of time on the bus, there is so much beauty to see along the w…
I had been to both the Vatican and the Colosseum, but my traveling companions had not. I learned a lot of new stuf…
One of the best tours anywhere
The investment in this tour paid out tenfold. We met at the steps outside the Vatican Museum, there were a few hund…
Keeper of the Keys
DId you ever think about opening the doors to the Sistine Chapel at first morning light? It is an overwhelming exp…
Excellent tour through Pompeii and Naples
Very informative and helpful guides, always giving lots of background information, humorous commentary. Also receiv…
Terrible Customer Service
Booked the Colosseum Underground Tour. It is non-refundable. Italy is on lock-down and the boarders are closed. …
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 15,517 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 219,484 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 36,901 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour?
How much is Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour?
Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour price starts from US$72.40. Discover and book Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour cancellation policy?
Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour?
Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour is hosted by City Wonders. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact City Wonders on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour on Tripadvisor