Discover fresh, farm made and expertly aged cheeses at the elegant and trendy boutique restaurant. Many of the fine cheese on offer are selected and aged by 3rd generation Cheesemonger and Affineur (ageing specialist) Pierre Gay, Meilleur Ouvrier de France 2011, based in the Savoy.
You will enjoy a cheese based meal selected by the restaurant's experts from a range of 80 beautiful packaged cheeses they stock, some of which you will not find anywhere else, plus expert advice during your short Masterclass prior to your pairing dinner.
STEP 1. Select a date for dinner COST 55€pp
STEP 2. PAY A DEPOSIT 16€pp - Check availability/amount =>
STEP 3. PAY THE BALANCE 39€pp TO YOUR HOST
The Comte Cheese comes from the Arnaud Family in Fort des Rousses who hold over 200 gold, silver and bronze medals at the agricultural competition in Paris for Comte, Morbiers and Mont d'Or. It is aged 18 to 36 month aged at Fort de Rousses in the Jura Mountains, one of last 19th century military forts built in France with more than 500,000 squared feet of vaulted cellars, and miles of underground galleries. It was converted into cheese cellars in 1998.
During your introduction to French cheese you will learn: -
• About French cheese: origin, varieties in France, and the importance of AOC
• About the wine and cheeses served, anecdotes, grape variety, regional origin.
• Matching strengths (contrast, compliment, terroir) and combinations to avoid.
Any questions during your meal, just feel free to ask at any time.
Sample Meal & Wine
The Passport Gourmet Tasting experience is an opportunity to discover a selection of some of these high quality French cheese from which your host will serve with amazing fig or similar jam and some of the best bread you have ever eaten:
• Bleu de Chevre local goat cheese from Yvelines served with a white Juracon from the South West
• Pise de Lot Creamy goat cheese from the South of France served with a Quincy white from the Loire
• Brie de Meaux AOP Traditional local cheese served with a red Morgon wine from Beaujolais
• Tomme de Savoie au Foin Buttery cow mountain cheese served with sparkling Montagnieu.
The specific selection of cheese, wine and meat served will change according to availability and discretion of the staff.
Your Passport Gourmet Tasting experience takes place near auction house Drouot, Folies Bergeres, Hoxton Hotel, Rex Cinema & Galeries Lafayette