Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (115)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Follow in the footsteps of famous French royals such as Marie Antoinette and Louis XIV on walking tour of the Gardens of Versailles. Though most visitors only focus on the opulent interiors of the Palace of Versailles, the UNESCO-listed gardens harbor just as much history, which your guide reveals as you explore at a leisurely pace.
You'll start at
Capoeira Cdo Paris
8 Place Saint-Michel, 75006 Paris, FranceYour day trip to Versailles meets at the fountain at Place Saint Michel in Paris. Look for the SANDEMANs NEW Europe team with a red t-shirt and red umbrella.
See address & details
- 1Espace Saint-MichelStop: 45 minutes -See details
- 2Le Jardin de VersaillesStop: 4 hours -See details
You'll end at
Palace of Versailles
Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
See address & details
- Delve deeper into the history the French monarchy during a walking tour of the Gardens of Versailles
- An ideal choice for history buffs
- Round-trip train rides from Paris are included
- Upgrade to include a self-guided tour of the Palace of Versailles
Capoeira Cdo Paris, 8 Place Saint-Michel, 75006 Paris, France
Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
- Local guide
- Transportation (RER C train journey)
- Entrance to the Palace of Versailles. Guides will show you where to buy tickets at the lowest price.
- Lunch (available for purchase)
- Other food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- From 2 April until 29 October 2019, on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and on some additional dates (15 August), there is an extra charge of €8.50 or €9.50 to be paid by cash at the start point. This covers the admission to the Musical Fountains Show and the Musical Gardens in the Gardens of Versailles. Please note that you will also have to purchase by cash a Musical Fountains Show or Musical Gardens ticket for children aged 6 to 13 years old.
- Children 13 or under accompanied by a paying adult are welcome to join the tour for free with the exception of transportation costs or extra costs related to the tour (example: extra charge for Versailles Musical Fountain Shows or the transport tickets). These will have to be purchased before the start of the tour.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We were in Paris last August and had already booked this tour beforehand. Let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing, the guide was extremely knowledgeable, charismatic and friendly! Great experience would recommend 100%!!
Date of experience: August 2019
The tour guide Michelle is fantastic. but the trip is way overpriced. The garden is free. the train return ticket is about $7, but we paid $53 just to have a tour guide. When you do math, it's way overpriced.
Date of experience: November 2019
I totally loved the tour, the garden, the fountain, everything was exceptional. But overall, the work of our guide was remarkable. I think her name was Agustina, she had already guided us through Paris and we were overwhelmed by her knowledge and eloquence, making our visit to…
Date of experience: July 2019
This was my first time visiting Paris, and my cousin and I booked this tour last minute for our last day in Paris and I'm so glad we did!!!! Although is was super cold (we went early November) and it rained most of the tour, our tour guide Cam, made sure we had a great time. We…
Two years after doing the free walking tour through Paris with Sandemans, this year I joined Dawie for the Versaille gardens tour and it was absolutely amazing. He did the tour with so much passion, enthusiasm, humor and expertise that time just flew by and the not so good…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Sandemans New Europe - Paris
Dawwie Is a Breath of Fresh Air
He enjoys his job. Absolutely recommend him. He was very funny bubbly and he’ll probably tell you about the ‘cheese…
Jean Philippe R00
This is a shame and a scandal that people with no experience nor qualifications pretend to be guudes... Non legal t…
Walking tour in a very quiet Montmartre
We did this tour on our first day in Paris and we thought it was excellent. It was quiet due to the virus fears bu…
I took this tour with Janai as our guide and she was great! The tour was small due to people being worried about th…
It was Awesome!!! Michelle was very informative. Took us to beautiful places, and was very knowledgeable!! Would h…
Michelle was awesome!
Michelle was awesome! We were told to avoid Margaret. 😜 Seriously, the walking tour was fantastic and Michelle was…
While in Paris we booked to do the Montmartre walk with Sandemans New Europe. Our guide was excellent and very know…
Great Free Tour
Dawie, The Best! A marvelous and funny way to show us a part of Paris. From the Portuguese people on Sunday morning…
I did the free walking tour and the guide did at least 3 or 4 stops for the guy to tell us to go join their paid to…
Great Free Tour. Highly Unethical Versailles Tour
I used Sandeman's services a few times on my trip to Paris. The free walking tour with Sebastian was really great. …
2 hours walking tour. Felt very personal, excellent pace and facts. The way up to Sacre Couer was away from the cro…
Great choice! Panama was a wonderful guide, clearly speaking and giving enough details not to get bored. We wandere…
If you have Francois as your guide, be prepared for the BEST tour of your life!
Francois is the epitome of walking tour! Very entertaining and informative at the same time. I guess French people …
Great free walking tour!
The new Paris free walking tour was an afternoon full of history and fun! Definitely worth doing if you want to lea…
Excellent! Highly recommend
So interesting and educational! Francois was very entertaining and explained so much history of the artists Van Gog…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 28,083 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 41,198 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 27,018 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,359 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 15,853 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 9,447 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris
What time does Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris start?
Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris on Tripadvisor
How much is Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris?
Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris price starts from US$42.62. Discover and book Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris on Tripadvisor
What is the Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris cancellation policy?
Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris?
Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris is hosted by Sandemans New Europe - Paris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sandemans New Europe - Paris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Royal Gardens of Versailles Walking Tour from Paris on Tripadvisor