Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (31)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Experience a traditional Taipei tea ceremony on a small-group tour that explores Taiwanese tea from plantation to teahouse for a comprehensive introduction to local tea culture. You’ll ride the Maokong Gondola, visit the Tea Museum and the lush Bagua Tea Plantation, and walk Shihting Old Street, traveling with a group that’s capped at seven travelers to ensure personalized attention from the guide.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Maokong mountainStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Maokong GondolaStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Taipei Tea Promotion Center for Tieguanyin and BaozhongStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Taipei tour with tea plantation, museum, and ceremony
- Cultural experience: Learn to brew a pot of Taiwanese tea
- A great way to get into the countryside beyond Taipei
- Pickup and drop-off at Taipei hotels for convenience
What to Expect
Meet a driver at your hotel in Taipei and then travel into the Maokong mountains to ride the Maokong Gondola, getting aerial views of tea plantations, teahouses, and mountain scenery. Next, visit the tea museum to get some background on Taiwanese tea, and continue to the Bagua Tea Plantation, passing views of Thousand Island Lake along the way. At Bagua Tea Plantation, see a lush, emerald-green landscape of terraced tea fields, with the chance to taste some locally grown tea (own expense). From there, return to Taipei for a leisurely walk down Shihting Old Street, and join a tea expert for a traditional Taiwanese tea ceremony that offers a fascinating glimpse into an ancient culture. After enjoying your tea and learning how to steep the perfect pot, the day concludes with return transfer to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off ( in Taipei city only)
- Tea tasting and an expert of tea ceremony
- Admission ticket(s) for Maokong Gondola
- Entry/Admission - Maokong mountain
- Entry/Admission - Maokong Gondola
- Entry/Admission - Taipei Tea Promotion Center for Tieguanyin and Baozhong
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maokong Gondola might be close due to weather condition
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 guests. We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- There will be a 100% charge for no-shows that is defined as arriving 15 minutes late.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
i had a great day with Nicholas on the Tea Tour, I would highly recommend this tour. It was great fun very informative and Nicholas is delightful company. I can’t say enough about Nicholas he is truly professional, entertaining and a grea ambassador for the country. Thank you…
Date of experience: March 2020
It was a very enjoyable and knowledgeable tour with Jaron, he was very patient with us providing us enough time to enjoy the views and taking pictures up during our stop. He drove around introducing us the places left and right, not to say, he translated in both different…
Date of experience: March 2020
We had an absolutely excellent visit with David. He was a wealth of knowledge not only about tea but about Taiwan itself. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone spending more than a few days in Taipei.
Date of experience: February 2020
I have been on a 'tea tour'.The Chinese discovered tea. It was their gift to the world. Taiwan grows excellent tea. It is useful to compare the Chinese attitude to tea to the western view of wine -- you need to grow to appreciate its finer points. The tour will help you develop…
Date of experience: January 2020
Even if I was the only person on the trip, My Taiwan Tour was willing to accommodate my preference for the tea tour. Andy was an engaging tour guide, and was quite knowledgeable. He and the driver were pretty kind and I had a nice time overall.
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: MyTaiwanTour Travel Services
Tea Culture Day Tour was just what I needed
I went on this tour solo and was paired up with another solo person -- we both happened to be American and vegan by…
Scenic break from the Big City
This was the most expensive one day tour from Taipei, by My Taiwan Tours. We booked this so we could get a gondola …
Customized private 1 week tour for 4
My Taiwan Tour company is very professional and easy to correspond with. Kyle was very prompt in returning my nume…
Back in history and very much in the present
Very professionally organised tour. A wonderful experience, which offered so many unforgettable moments. An amazing…
Southern Island Multi-Day Tour
My husband and I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to visit Taiwan. Dyann at their office was so h…
Thanks Epson for the great tour!
Fantastic tour with my very knowledgable and caring guide, Epson, learned a lot, thank you for all your help! We v…
Jiufen Night Tour
We had an amazing tour of Yehliu Geopark, followed by the village of Jiufen. The highlight of Yehliu Geopark was th…
Wonderful! Professional tour guide, interesting interactions with guests, delicious delicacies. Thanks!
Best way to make use of limited time
When I arrived in Taiwan for the first time, 40 years ago, I took a conducted trip around the island. It was the be…
Hassle free! Every penny was worth it.
Tour was kinda pricy but after releasing the lanterns, realized that it was worth it! Epson our guide kept the bus …
Amazing day with Kevin visiting Jiufen and Taipei!
Kevin picked us up at our hotel with a big smile and a warm welcome to Taiwan. It was raining and Kevin was prepar…
Kevin was fantastic!
My husband and I had a 27-hour layover in Taipei after a two-week tour of SE Asia. We booked the 5.5-hour city tour…
Excellent choice for short stays at Taipei
Sophia was our guide tour; she speaks a fluent english; very professional and concerned about our interests and que…
My guides Kevin and BOnnie were great company lots of fun . Great English . Went out of their way to make it a grea…
Excellent private tour!
Excellent guide, very knowledgeable. And great driver! We were a private tour and they were able to give us differe…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+63 923-0990452
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,824 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,828 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing
What time does Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing start?
Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing will start at 9:30 AM. Discover and book Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing on Tripadvisor
How much is Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing?
Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing price starts from US$108.98. Discover and book Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing on Tripadvisor
What is the Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing cancellation policy?
Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing on Tripadvisor