Stellenbosch, in the Cape Winelands is in the most beautiful countryside with dramatic, expansive vistas of mountains, vineyards and ocean. We have more than 400 wineries here and the day's theme includes history, culture and nature as well as trying out the most important wines and some others and showcase several different wine-making styles. We visit farms ranging from over 330 years old to modern. The tastings for the day will represent the wines that the Stellenbosch Wine District is particularly well-known for.
This tour introduces young and old wine making styles across the spectrum from light crisp flavours to complex robust red blends. My tour is done at a leisurely pace with a focus on your enjoyment, learning and relaxation. In the middle of the day, we stop for a relaxed a la carte lunch at one of the estates. A program and map will be provided when we meet. We spend at least 90 minutes per estate to truly experience each one.
I select good restaurants as lunch venues and not set menus. These establishments are not “over the top” and offer a-al-carte reasnobly priced menus. This allows my guests to make their own choices and have a far superior experience.
• African Invite, 32 Herold Street, Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
• Waterford Estate, Blaauwklippen Road, Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
• Rustenberg Wines, Rustenburg Rd, Ida's Valley, Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
• Lievland Wine Estate, R44, Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
• Dornier Wine Estate, Blaauwklippen Road, Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
• Stellenrust Winery, Stellenrust Rd, Stellenbosch South Africa